There has been a considerable amount of time since my last post. Life and work always seems to get in the way of fun hobbies such as this. Only something really substantial would make me take the risk of blogging at work while my boss is in his office. But something that important is about to happen. I think we all know what I am talking about. Yes…. I am of course referring to STAR WARS Episode 7!
Unless you are living under a rock, or ya know… somewhere in Montana, you have heard that the newest installment of the Star Wars saga “Star Wars: The Force Awakens” debuts in only a few weeks (December 18)!! Now, as any sane, red-blooded American, I am beyond nerdily excited about this film (it’s not just entertaining for the 44 year old men you will see dressed up in line).
You may ask “Why are you so excited? Weren’t the 3 movies released recently total shit?” Yes, you would be right. The newer Star Wars films released in 1999, 2002 and 2005 aspired to be crap-tastic. However, there are several exciting signs to hint that this movie, will hopefully live up to the greatness of the original three.
1. This film is written and directed by J.J Abrams. I am a big fan of his and I think he has the chops to write and direct a kick ass sci-fi movie as is evidenced by his work on the reboot of the Star Trek Films- “Star Trek” and “Star Trek: Into Darkness.”
2. Main members of the original cast are in this movie such as Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher and Mark Hamill.
3. The film rights to Star Wars was purchased by Disney in 2012. Now, not only is Disney one step closer to owning everything cool, but they seem to have thrown a ton of money and resources behind the making of this movie.
So, my advice? Set your expectations to see a fun and exciting (but not deep) action film. Buy that movie ticket, stand in line with all the middle aged men re-living their teen years and if it sounds like someone around you is having a stroke, don’t worry about it, they are probably just trying to quote Yoda.
Did You know…?
– Qui-Gon Jinn used a Gillette razor for his communicator
– The cuddly Ewoks from the original series are not speaking gibberish. It is a combination of Tibetan and Nepalese.
-The actor who played Darth Vader (in form, not voice), is banned from attending all official Star Wars conventions because George Lucas hates him.